Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Carmelitas


I've been on a caramel-chocolate baking binge lately.  And it started with these carmelita bars from Brown Eyed Baker.  I had never heard of carmelitas before, but then after I baked these, I saw them for sale at the cafeteria where I work.  Strange coincidence!

These bars are excellent and fun to make.  And they gave me an excuse to buy a bag of caramel candies at the grocery store!  My husband isn't a huge fan of chocolate, but he does like oatmeal desserts, so he ended up eating quite a few of these carmelitas.  I'm planning to make these for our Super Bowl party at the office.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... that looks tasty! Wish I had time to bake some right now, haha. Thanks for the link and the photo, I'll make these asap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails