Friday, February 3, 2012

Skillet chocolate chip cookie


I told you I was on a chocolate baking kick lately.  When I saw this chocolate chip skillet cookie on Eat Live Run, I knew I just had to try it.  And I have the perfect pan for the recipe -- the old cast-iron skillet my husband found for me at the annual Walnut, Iowa, antique festival.  (If you've never gone before, you must.  Such a great community event.)

I loved this recipe!  It looked so gorgeous right out of the oven.  But in the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that I ended up not eating more than a couple bites of this cookie. It tasted a little like onion, because my husband uses this pan to cook omelets and such.  Oh well!  At least it looked pretty for the photos!  Next time, I'll try to bake this in a pie plate.

I flipped the cookie onto a plate for easier slicing. Doesn't it look gorgeous out of the pan?

1 comment:

  1. COO-KIE MON-STER say, "I LIKE COOKie!" Big and beautiful COOKIE like what you made would be BEST of ALL COOKIES out there!! You made a winner, and it's one I'll have to try imitating as soon as March arrives. Doris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails