Sunday, January 10, 2010

Emerald City

I'm barely awake as I write this blog entry tonight. It's been a whirlwind of activity the past couple days. I arrived in Seattle last night to attend the American Farm Bureau annual meeting.

I had big plans to visit the Space Needle and a few museums in Seattle. But my plans were cancelled due to problems with my flights. Turned out that my flight out of Des Moines was delayed four hours because someone forgot to leave the heater on in the airplane overnight. The plane's water line froze in the subzero temperatures, and the plane couldn't take off until the pipes thawed. So I missed my connecting flight to Denver, but luckily secured a ticket on a later flight. I had to run through the Denver terminal to catch the flight. I was exhausted when I arrived in Seattle (I woke up a 2:30 a.m. for the flight out of Des Moines), so I didn't have the energy for sightseeing.

But I woke up early this morning to check out Seattle's Pikes Peak Market before I had to walk over to the convention center.

I loved to see all the fresh seafood on display. It was so exotic to a landlocked Iowa girl like me.

How did this pig end up in Seattle? It looks like it belong in an Iowa barn.


More seafood under ice...

Now this is something you definitely can't find in an Iowa grocery store. (Sorry about the fuzzy picture. I was in a hurry.)



The displays of bright, fresh fruits and veggies were so beautiful, I couldn't take my eyes off them. The only color I've seen in the last month is the bright white of snow.


Wish I could have done more sightseeing, but at least I got to see the famous Seattle market, even if it was for just a few minutes. Now, off to bed so I'm well resting to sit through meetings tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails