Thursday, April 12, 2012

Arizona vacation 2012


I just returned from a late spring break vacation to Mesa, Ariz., to visit my mom and stepdad, who live there during the winter months.  It was an awesome trip, and my mom once again surprised with many fun, new activities while I was on my vacation.

I got to plant a cactus in the sand!


We took the light rail from Mesa to Tempe, then stopped at the Arizona State University stadium that's built into a mountain.


We ate a lot of great food in the Phoenix area.


And I enjoyed my first In-N-Out burger!  So good!


We saw so much beauty in unexpected places.

"Duck art" at the light rail station.

View from the fourth floor of the Phoenix Library, between the sun shades. Such an amazing library!

The highlight of the trip was a night at the Arizona Diamondbacks home opener!  It was the perfect evening for a baseball game!

Arizona was gorgeous in the spring, but I'm so glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails