Thursday, April 26, 2012

Iowa eats: Maid-Rite in Newton


My sister and I visited Newton last weekend to run a 5-mile race at the Iowa Speedway.  After the run, we stopped at the Maid-Rite in downtown Newton.  It's one of the original Maid-Rite franchises in Iowa.  Of course, I ordered the maid-rite, a loose meat sandwich.  My stomach was a little queasy after the hilly run; otherwise, I would have tried a few other items on the menu board.



My sister ordered a chocolate shake, so I couldn't resist ordering one, too.  I'm so glad I did.  It really hit the spot after our tough workout!


Can't wait to visit Maid-Rite again soon!  I love a good loose-meat sandwich!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Maid Rite is soooo yummy! I grew up on those and now I'm really craving one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails