Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pella Dutch letters


Last week, a work colleague sent a package of Dutch letters to our office as a thank-you.  I had never tried a Dutch letter until a couple years ago.  But now I'm hooked!  The best Dutch letters I can find come from Pella, Iowa.  As you can see, the Pella Dutch letters are shaped like an "S," but I read last year in the Des Moines Register that the home bakers in Pella actually make Dutch letters in any shape.

The gift box of Dutch letters came from Vander Ploeg's bakery in Pella.  


I only got a chance to eat one of these delectable Dutch letters, because my husband polished off the rest in one day!  We're both big fans of Dutch letters.  And what's not too love?  Flaky, buttery pastry. A sweet almond paste filling.  Crunchy sugar sprinkled on top.  Yum!


I've got to stop in Pella sometime so I can see these Dutch letter bakeries in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails