Monday, October 3, 2011

Iowa recipes: Zucchini bread


This year at the Iowa State Fair, I met a couple of local bakers who published their first cookbook, "Two Chicks from the Sticks: Back Home Baking."  I've been trying not to buy any new cookbooks lately, since I still have so many recipes from my old cookbooks that I haven't tried yet.  But I couldn't resist buying "Two Chicks from the Sticks."  The recipes looked like they came straight from my grandma's kitchen.  The book features many of my childhood favorites -- like apple pie bars and monster cookie bars -- and one of my new favorites, zucchini bread.


The Two Chicks' version of zucchini bread turned out perfect.  The pretty loaves were speckled with shredded zucchini, which I bought at the Valley Junction Farmers Market in West Des Moines. 


If you would like to try the Two Chicks zucchini bread recipe, you can find it on their blog, which is updated frequently with recipes from their baking book and from their own kitchen experiments.  They recently posted a recipe for whole-grain pumpkin bars that I'm looking forward to trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails