Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hurry up, Spring!


Hope you all forgive me, but once again, I'm too busy to blog tonight.  Between tax appointments and trips to the auto mechanic, it's been a crazy busy week.

I did manage to spend some time in the garden this weekend when the temps hit 70 degrees.  I walked the yard to pick up all the trash that floats over from the gas station down the street.  I filled a garbage bag half full with all the trash I found in our yard, including about a half dozen lottery tickets. Sadly, none were winners.



I'm happy to report that the tulips I planted last fall are popping up. And the garlic beds I planted are also springing back, although it looks like the rabbits may have eaten the tops off the stems.  Do rabbits like garlic?


Speaking of rabbits, I found little piles of rabbit droppings all along our bushes by the side of the house. I will spare you from that photo :) I joked to my husband that I should shovel up the rabbit poo and add it to my garden as fertilizer.

Oh, the joys of post-winter gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails