Sunday, June 3, 2012

Iowa recipes: Summer salad


My husband and I are trying to eat a little healthier, so I've been making big salads on the weekends when I have more time to cook.  One of my favorites is this summer pasta salad.  I found the recipe in one of my favorite church cookbooks.  I always make the mistake of adding too much pasta; I never take the time to actually measure the pasta out and just dump it in.  But I love how colorful this salad is. The recipe does make a large batch of salad, so it's perfect for summer picnics.  Enjoy!

----------------------------------

Summer Salad

  • 2 (7 oz.) boxes macaroni rings (I used spiral noodles), cooked
  • 2 C. cucumbers, diced
  • 2 C. carrots, diced
  • 1 C. celery, diced
  • 1 C. onion, diced
  • 1/2 green pepper, diced


Dressing for salad:
  • 1/2 C. Miracle Whip
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1-1/2 C. sugar
  • 1/2 C. vinegar

Cook and drain macaroni. Add vegetables and mix. Combine dressing ingredients, mixing well. Pour over vegetables and macaroni. Stir to coat. Cover and chill until time to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails