Monday, January 24, 2011

Winter living


It's been so cold, I haven't wanted to leave the house on the weekends.  But I wanted to take a few pictures of the snow, because it's fun to do a year-by-year comparison.  So I snapped a few photos from my yard.  As you can tell, my husband and I aren't that great at keeping up with the shoveling.  We prefer to wait for the snow melt :)

You probably can't tell by the photos, but it was 4 degrees outside when I took these.  I didn't want to spend a lot of time outside getting the perfect photos.  So please don't judge.

I'd say we have about 5 inches of snow on the ground right now.


We have rabbit and cat paw prints all over our yard.


Oh dear!  Our poor, 100-year-old porch gets a little more crooked every winter from all the freezing and thawing.


Since it's been too cold to be outside, I've been baking like crazy inside to help keep our drafty house warm.  I'll be sharing a few more recipes with you in future posts.  But I wanted to give you a "break" from recipes and show a little of what an Iowa winter looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails