Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring has sprung!


With all the traveling I've been doing lately, I haven't had time to do much of anything at home.  So I didn't make any cupcakes or bread this weekend. But I thought I'd share a few photos of something I haven't seen for months -- my backyard!

We've had rainy, 40 degree weather here in central Iowa for the past two weeks, and the snow, which has been at least a foot deep since December, is almost gone.  It's an absolutely muddy mess to have that much snow melt so fast, but nobody here is complaining.  We're glad to see it gone.

I could finally see my garden again.  In another month, I'll plant radishes, lettuce and carrots here.



My perennial garden is nearly snow-free, too. The first flowers to pop up will be the bleeding hearts.



My husband noticed right away that the ornamental cabbage I planted last fall is still bright purple, even after being buried under 3 feet of snow.  I need to remember to plant more of this next fall.



I'm also happy to report that my AeroGarden is doing remarkably well.  The plants have actually outgrown the container. 





And there are flowers blooming inside my house!





The herb garden also is growing like crazy.  So cool that I have a ready supply of basil, chives and thyme.





Just think, a few more weeks, and the chives will start popping up in my backyard.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails