Thursday, August 16, 2012

2012 Iowa State Fair finds


My sister and I spent a day at the Iowa State Fair.  I didn't take as many pictures this year because I was trying to enjoy the moment.  But I snapped a few photos of my favorite new finds, including the chocolate covered cookie dough on a stick, pictured above.  It was by far my favorite new fair food.  My sister and I split one because it was so huge!

I snapped a photo of this dwarf sunflower display at the Iowa Discover Garden.  I really want to plant tiny sunflowers next year in my backyard garden.  I need to remember all these varieties: Teddy Bear, Sunny Smile and Little Becka.  The discovery garden wasn't as colorful this year because of the drought this summer, but it was still a nice display.


My sister and I enjoyed way too many sweets at the State Fair this year.  We couldn't resist these mini cherry crisps at the Iowa Orchard Booth in the Ag Building.  So good!  There was so much brown sugar and butter in this dessert that it tasted like caramel.  And I love the mini pie plate presentation.  I need to re-create this at home.


We also tried the new bacon corn dog at the Iowa State Fair.  I'll spare you the embarrassing photo of us trying to eat the corn dog.  It was good, but to be honest, we couldn't really taste the bacon in the batter.  We definitely indulged at the Iowa State Fair, but that's part of the fun!  Now I'll be eating salads the rest of the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails