Friday, October 22, 2010

Cookie Friday: Coconut macaroons


Happy Friday, everyone!  I'm so glad that the weekend is finally here, although I'm a little disappointed that there's rain in the forecast tomorrow.  I was hoping to go for a long, leisurely bike ride.  But I'm thankfully that we've had so many beautiful fall days this past month.  It's been a blessing!

For my favorite day of the week, Cookie Friday, I'm sharing a speedy 5-ingredient recipe that my husband went ga-ga over.  He loves anything coconut, so I clipped this recipe for coconut macaroons from the August/September issue of Taste of Home magazine.

These were so easy to make and would make a cool tailgating treat.  My husband has already requested them again, and he's pretty picky when it comes to sweets.

So without further delay, here's the recipe.  Enjoy, my friends!

----------------------------------------------

Coconut Macaroons
From Taste of Home
  • 2-1/2 C. flaked coconut
  • 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 2/3 C. sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
In a small bowl, combine the coconut, flour and salt.  Add milk and vanilla; mix well. (Batter will be stiff).

Drop by tablespoonfulls 1 inch apart onto a greased baking sheet.  Bake at 35 degrres for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove to wire rack. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails