Friday, May 7, 2010

Cookie Friday: Runaway Ranger Cookies

Hi blog friends!  The weekend is finally here!  Time to indulge in my favorite treat, Cookie Friday!

I'm really excited to share these cookies with you.  I found the recipe in the 2008 edition of the Iowa State Fair Cookbook.  They are called Runaway Ranger Cookies, and they won a blue ribbon in the Recipes of Yesteryear: Foods Made with Nuts category.


I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about this recipe.  A cookie recipe without chocolate chips? Or peanut butter?  And you add corn flakes?  Definitely not your ordinary cookie.

But these cookies turned out amazing!  Seriously, you have to try them for yourself.  They are an awesome combination of sweet, salty and chewy.  In fact, I think these are my new favorite cookie!

Hope you enjoy the recipe!


Runaway Ranger Cookies

  • 1 C. all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 C. packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 C. butter or margarine
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 C. quick cooking rolled oats
  • 1 C. corn flakes
  • 1/4 C. flaked coconut
  • 3/4 C. crushed pecans

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, butter or margarine, egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Add remaining ingredients. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in 350 degree oven 10 minutes. (It doesn't give a quantity, but I ended up with about 2-1/2 dozen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails