Saturday, February 20, 2010

Winter blanket


We received another 3 inches of snow yesterday. It's officially the fourth snowiest winter in central Iowa on record.  We've gone nearly two months with more than 5 inches of snow on the ground, which is also a  new record.  Actually, we have about 1-1/2 feet of snow on the ground.  In some places, the drifts and snow piles are over 6 feet tall.  It truly is an unforgetable winter here in Iowa.

But at least the days are getting longer.  I took a few pictures of our front yard when the sun was setting when I came home from work.  It's tough to show in a two-dimensional picture how deep the snow is.  But I gave it a try.



Oh, and if you're wondering about the giant icicle I keep blogging about, it's still here.  And it's growing!





We're planning to stay inside again this weekend since there is more snow in the forecast.  I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of baking to keep the house warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails