Thursday, September 5, 2013

Iowa recipes: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


So this is probably my third or fourth attempt at trying to find the perfect oatmeal raisin cookie recipe.  But I think I've finally found my favorite.  I found this recipe after digging through my old Iowa State Fair blue-ribbon cookbooks.  I love everything about this cookie: the cinnamon flavor, the plump raisins, the chewy texture.


Here's the recipe, if you want to give it a try at home.  Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

  • Hot water
  • 1-1/2 C. raisins
  • 1 C. sugar
  • 1 C. brown sugar
  • 1 C. butter or margarine
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 C. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1-1/2 C. quick cooking rolled oats

Pour just enough hot water over raisins to cover; set aside. In large mixing bowl, cream sugars and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Add flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in oats and drained raisins by hand. Drop by teaspoonsful onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails