Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goals for 2013


The cardinal was back and perched in our trees yesterday.  I'll take that as a good sign for things to come in 2013!

I find it useful to write down my goals for the next year in this little blog of mine, so I can look back and compare what I've actually accomplished. To be honest, I haven't come up with one good, solid resolution this year, but there are a few little things I would like to focus on in the coming year.

Personal goals:
  • Watch my spending
  • Practice kindness
  • Spend more time with family
  • Run and/or bike a big race (like the Drake Relays road races)

Garden goals:
  • Continue trying to grow new container garden plants
  • Plant more flowers for a cutting garden

Household goals:
  • Paint all the bedrooms in the house
  • Remodel the downstairs bathroom
  • Try out a new healthy recipe once a week

Some of these goals are more ambitious than others. I'd say the most important are the personal goals. I would love to focus more on family and my home in 2013, and I need to practice kindness -- to strangers, acquaintances and loved ones -- because we all need a little boost now and then.

What are your goals for 2013? Do you prefer setting big goals or small ones?

1 comment:

  1. I want to learn to embroider as a way to keep my hands busy so they do not open the fridge! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails