The cardinal was back and perched in our trees yesterday. I'll take that as a good sign for things to come in 2013!
I find it useful to write down my goals for the next year in this little blog of mine, so I can look back and compare what I've actually accomplished. To be honest, I haven't come up with one good, solid resolution this year, but there are a few little things I would like to focus on in the coming year.
- Watch my spending
- Practice kindness
- Spend more time with family
- Run and/or bike a big race (like the Drake Relays road races)
- Continue trying to grow new container garden plants
- Plant more flowers for a cutting garden
- Paint all the bedrooms in the house
- Remodel the downstairs bathroom
- Try out a new healthy recipe once a week
Some of these goals are more ambitious than others. I'd say the most important are the personal goals. I would love to focus more on family and my home in 2013, and I need to practice kindness -- to strangers, acquaintances and loved ones -- because we all need a little boost now and then.
What are your goals for 2013? Do you prefer setting big goals or small ones?