Monday, March 12, 2012

Peanut butter oatmeal sandwich cookies


A few weeks ago, I came home after a very stressful day at work, and I was feeling grumpy.  My husband was out tinkering on one of his car projects in the garage, and I knew he would be working on that all evening.  So I decided to cheer myself up by baking cookies!  I couldn't stop thinking about these peanut butter oatmeal sandwich cookies ever since I saw them on Two Peas and Their Pod. I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen, so I whipped up a batch.  And they were wonderful!  The cookies came out of the oven looking perfect, and the peanut butter cream fillling was over-the-the-top delicious. My husband ended up eating four sandwich cookies in one sitting -- and he doesn't usually like peanut butter cookies. That says how good these cookies are.

Mmmm....peanut butter cream!
I used my medium Oxo cookie scoop to make these cookies, but I wish I owned a smaller scoop, because these cookies were huge!  It's not that one cookie was big, it's that when two cookies were sandwiched together, it was almost too much.  I knew having those giant cookies around the house tempting me wasn't a good thing, so I asked my husband to take them to work with him. One of his co-workers sent me an email later that day, asking for the recipe!  Another sign that this recipe is a keeper.


Give these cookie a try if you're wanting to cheer up your friends, or yourself, with a comforting treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails