Monday, February 28, 2011

Spring break!


I just got off the plane after a 5-day spring break trip to Arizona.  You may be wondering why I'm bringing up an Arizona trip on my blog about Iowa life.  Well, quite a few Iowans spend their winters in Arizona.  My grandparents "wintered" in Arizona nearly every year since they were married back in the late 1940s.  When my grandpa was farming, he'd take the family down for two-week vacations.  Then when he retired in his late 50s, he and my grandmother bought a mobile home in Apache Junction to stay in the winter.  Now my mom and stepdad have moved to the area, where they also live in a mobile home park for retirees.  Most of the people who live in their park are from Canada, Iowa and Minnesota.  The "Iowa" folks get together for breakfast at least once a month.

Well, I need to get off the computer and spend some time with my hubby, who didn't join me on the trip.  But I'll be sharing more about my spring break in Arizona later this week.  Please stop back to read more!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I'm from Iowa and my dad's a snow bird in Apache Junction, loves it down there for winter. There are so many Iowan snowbirds down there. Arizona is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails