Friday, January 21, 2011

Cookie Friday: Palmer's Deli lemon bars


Happy Cookie Friday, everyone!  It's 10 degrees outside today, so I wanted to bake something sunny to brighten the day.  I love all the citrus fruits in the grocery stores right now.  It's the perfect time of year to make lemon bars.

A popular lunchtime spot in Des Moines, Palmer's Deli, serves the best lemon bars.  And they are very generous with their servings.  I remembered seeing the recipe for Palmer's Deli lemon bars in the Des Moines Register a few months back, but the Register doesn't archive its stories for more than two weeks (boo!). But after a quick Google search, I found the recipe on the Midwest Living magazine website.


Let me tell you, these lemon bars were even better than I remembered!  They have a great sugar-cookie-like crust and an almost pudding-like texture.  Check out Midwest Living for a printable recipe.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails