Sunday, May 29, 2011

Honey Oatmeal Bread


I've been looking to experiment with whole-wheat bread recipes, and I came across this honey oatmeal bread on the Tasty Kitchen website.  I loved how this bread turned out.  It looked just like whole-wheat sandwich bread when I sliced it up.  My only compliant is that the bread had white "specks" in it that looked like unmixed-in flour -- although it may have been the oatmeal flakes, I'm not sure.



I thought this bread was a winner, but my husband wasn't too excited about eating anything with "buckwheat" in it -- his code for anything whole wheat.  No, this recipe doesn't have buckwheat in it. He just doesn't like whole wheat bread.  So I had the loaf all to myself, which was fine by me.  It's excellent served with butter and homemade strawberry jam.  Give it a try for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty loaves...your husband doesn't know what he's missing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails